A dance and contemporary performing arts meeting-context to promote the Canary Islands creation abroad.
December 9th to 11th 2016.
How does it work?
DANCE-INTER-FACES invites to eleven international and national curators and artistic directors to look up to eight Canary performing projects (dance and movement) selected through an open call and presented in a 20-minutes-trailer along three days.
Over these three days we will meet around the canarian and ultra-peripheral creation, will attend to professional experiences, to meet-bond programmers and artists, to local projects introductions and will visit cultural and tourist interest areas in La Laguna, UNESCO World Heritage City.
LEAL.LAV is a lab project within the Teatro Leal La Laguna (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain) for culture, encounter, thinking, revision, link, germ, research, spread, production, citizenship, occupation, education and utmost care around to contemporary performing arts, created in 2012 under the artistic direction of Javier Cuevas.
LEAL.LAV becomes a living space, transcending its structure, articulating the performative creation, connecting social realities, professionals, education, economic and cultural agents under an aesthetic, programmatic and artistic coherent management framework. Between 2012 and 2016 there have been 15 offered residencies, thirty training activities, ongoing public mediation programs and about 70 shows.
DANCE-INTER-FACES is aLeal Theater’s Live Arts Lab and OAAM La Laguna Council project supported by La Laguna Culture and Tourism Department, Acción Cultural Española (ACE), Canary Islands Governmentand Cabildo de Tenerife.
- Andreas Eilertsen (E&G Teater, Noruega)
- Anna Esthdal (Anghiari Dance Hub, Italia)
- Chiara Organtini (Terni Festival, Italia)
- Frederique Doyon (Agora de la Danse Montreal, Canada)
- Lee Jong Ho (FID, Corea del Sur)
- Marta Oliveres (Instituto Ramón Lull, Cataluña)
- Pia Krämer (O Espaço Do Tempo, Portugal)
- ROBERTO TABOADA (Festival Alt, Vigo)
- Margarida Troguet (Sismograf, Olot)
- Oscar Dasí (La Caldera, Barcelona)
- Sara Serrano (Spanish Matchbox)